April 4, 2016
Graduate Student Appreciation Week starts today
K-State's campuswide Graduate Student Appreciation Week kicks off today. This week will feature events, activities and free food for graduate students in appreciation of their dedicated service and contributions to the teaching, research, scholarship and outreach for the academic year. A list of events and activities sponsored by colleges and departments includes:
Monday, April 4:
- Global Campus will host a weeklong social media contest "What’s the best part of being a K-State Global Campus grad student? #GradLove" for Global Campus and distance students. Students will get a chance to win three gift packages.
- The College of Veterinary Medicine will host a collegewide ice cream social at 4 p.m. in Trotter Hall's Mara Conference Room.
- The Office of the Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies in the College of Education will offer treats from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. April 4-8 in 17 Bluemont Hall.
- The College of Engineering's industrial and manufacturing systems engineering, IMSE, department will host an appreciation breakfast for its graduate student at 8 a.m. in the IMSE Library.
- The College of Engineering's electrical and computer engineering department will host an appreciation lunch for its graduate students from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in 3099 Durland Hall.
Tuesday, April 5:
- The Graduate Student Council and the Graduate School will host the Graduate Student Appreciation Reception from 5:30-8 p.m. in the K-State Alumni Center's Ballroom to formally recognize all graduate students' awards from the 2015-2016 academic year. All are invited, but registration is required.
- The College of Education's curriculum and instruction department will host a reception with refreshments from 2:30-5 p.m. in 201 Bluemont Hall.
- The College of Engineering will host a department group photo shoot from 3-4:20 p.m. in the Engineering Hall on the first floor by staircase. Snacks will be available.
- The College of Engineering's mechanical and nuclear engineering department will provide cookies for its graduate students and take pictures at 1:30 p.m. Contact Stefan Yates at email@example.com for more information.
- The chemical engineering department will host a graduate student appreciation dinner in Anneberg Park. Contact Karen Strathman at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Wednesday, April 6:
- The College of Human Ecology will host a collegewide coffee hour for graduate students and graduate faculty from 8-9:30 a.m. in Justin Hall's Hoffman Lounge.
- The K-State Libraries will host bagels and coffee from 9-11a.m. in the Hale Library Graduate Student Study, Room 306. All graduate students are invited and can access the room by using their WID.
- The College of Arts & Sciences will host cookies and punch for graduate students, faculty and program directors in the college from 9-10 a.m. in 121 Cardwell Hall.
- The College of Engineering will host an Engineering Research and Graduate Programs open house with Associate Dean Noel Schulz from 8-9:30 a.m. in 1042 Rathbone Hall. Varsity Donuts, coffee, juice and a free gift will be available for engineering graduate students.
Thursday, April 7
- College of Arts & Sciences will provide cookies and punch for graduate students, faculty and program directors in the college from 2:30-3:30 p.m. in Nichols Hall's main entrance.
- The College of Architecture, Planning & Design's interior architecture & product design, or IAPD, department will provide coffee and donuts from 9-9:30 a.m. at APD West in appreciation of the department's fifth-year graduate students.
- College of Engineering will host a Say Cheez photo booth from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the Engineering Hall's first floor. Stop by the photo booth for a small group photo with friends or research groups. Each participant will get a copy of the group's photo and a free gift.
- The College of Engineering's biological and agricultural engineering department will host an ice cream social for its graduate students at 3:30 p.m. in 147 Seaton Hall.
Friday, April 8:
- The Graduate School and the Graduate Student Council will host a campuswide Call Hall ice cream social from 12:30-2:30 p.m. outside on the terrace at the Alumni Center.
- College of Arts & Sciences will provide cookies and punch for graduate students, faculty and program directors in the college from 1:30-2:30 p.m. in 212 Eisenhower Hall.
- The College of Engineering's computing and information sciences department will host a graduate student appreciation lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the Paulson Conference Room, 2168 Durland Hall. Registration is required.