September 15, 2011
2011 Axio Conference to feature peer showcase and open forum
Please join us at the K-State Alumni Center for the 2011 Axio Learning Community Innovations in Education & Technology Conference featuring the all-new peer showcase and a revised open forum.
New this year is the peer showcase, an exhibition of innovative online teaching and assessment projects and programs. The showcase opens at 8:45 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 28, in the Tointon Great Room of the Alumni Center. It closes at 10 a.m., when the keynote speech by Curt Bonk begins. We encourage you to come early and chat with these faculty members about their projects:
- Gina Scott, College of Veterinary Medicine, online programs for veterinary students
- Socorro Herrera and Cristina Fanning, Center for Intercultural and Multilingual Advocacy, video projects for online English as a second language methods course
- Abbey Nutsch, animal sciences and industry, research and outreach using Axio Survey
- Brian Lindshield, human nutrition, using flexbooks to supplement/replace the traditional textbook
- Lynnette Brummett, agribusiness, award-winning distance education graduate program for food and agribusiness professionals
- Cathy Rodriguez and Sarah Silva, iTAC, tools to enhance your online course
You’re also invited to participate in the revised open forum, moderated by Mel Chastain, former director of the Kansas Regents Education Communications Center. At the open forum, we candidly and honestly discuss K-State Online issues and uses. This exciting, productive and inspiring session is where many new ideas and improvements for K-State Online are vetted. The open forum is from 1:00–2:30 p.m. Sept. 28 in Banquet Rooms A and D.
Register now to attend. Registration is free and is required to attend the sessions on Sept. 28 and 29 and the complimentary lunch Q-and-A with Curt Bonk, the keynote speaker.