February 25, 2016
Gamma Sigma Delta hosting Undergraduate Research Showcase for College of Agriculture students
The College of Agriculture and Gamma Sigma Delta are hosting an Undergraduate Research Showcase from 1-3 p.m. Friday, April 15, in 126 and 127 Leadership Studies Building. The Undergraduate Research Showcase will be followed by refreshments and the Gamma Sigma Delta spring reception at 3:30 p.m.
Participation criteria and other details for the Undergraduate Research Showcase:
- Undergraduate students in the College of Agriculture or students working with faculty in the College of Agriculture that have conducted a research project since April 15, 2015, are eligible.
- A student that graduated in December 2015 with a Bachelor of Science degree and conducted research as an undergraduate is eligible. Undergraduate students that are conducting research related to food or agriculture are eligible to participate.
- Students must submit a 300-word abstract by midnight Friday, April 1, via email to Lauri Baker at email@example.com. Include "GSD Undergraduate Research (Your last name)" in the email's subject line. All presentations will be in a poster format.
- Posters presented at other meetings may be used. The College of Agriculture will pay for poster printing if needed. Poster digital files — PDF format preferred — will need to be submitted by Thursday, April 7.
- Poster size may be five-feet-long, horizontal, by 3-feet-wide, vertical. If another size was used for presenting at a meeting, please use that size instead.
Gamma Sigma Delta will have monetary prizes of $100 each for the top three posters. Students will be expected to be with their posters from 1-3 p.m. on Friday, April 15, to answer questions from judges.
Questions may be directed to Lauri Baker at 785-532-1140 or firstname.lastname@example.org.