February 22, 2016
Inviting and Hiring Foreign Nationals training session offered March 9
Inviting and Hiring Foreign Nationals, WHR143, will be offered from 9-11:30 a.m. Wednesday, March 9, in the Edwards Hall commons area.
International Student and Scholar Services in collaboration with Human Capital Services is offering this session to HCS Liaisons, department heads and faculty involved with inviting and/or hiring foreign nationals. Information presented will include details about the various visa options, the processes and costs involved.
As a result of this session, participants will:
- Understand the various visa options and identify the best choice for employment.
- Discuss the limitations for each visa status.
- Review processes, the costs involved and the timelines.
- Define departmental obligations for each visa status.
- Determine tax status for foreign nationals — are they nonresident or resident for tax purposes?
- Determine if tax treaty benefits apply.
There is no charge to participants, but registration is necessary to ensure adequate seating and materials. Participants my register through HRIS Self_Enrollment or by sending an email to Samantha Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org. When sending an email, please include your name, department, employee ID number, course title and the course number.