February 3, 2016
University Honors Program director search
Justin J. Kastner will this summer conclude his highly successful tenure as director of the University Honors Program. Among his many notable achievements, Kastner has led a recently approved restructuring of program requirements, expanded benefits, and helped recruit and mentor a steadily growing number of K-State honors students. Thankfully, the program will continue to benefit from Kastner's teaching, mentoring and advocacy even as he returns to his full-time faculty appointment in the diagnostic medicine and pathobiology department in the College of Veterinary Medicine.
The national search for a new director will be led by Tim de Noble, professor and dean of the College of Architecture, Planning & Design. Dean de Noble will be joined in this effort by the following search committee:
- Daralyn Gordon Arata, advisor, Office of Pre-Law Advising
- Stephanie Bannister, associate director, Department of Housing and Dining Services
- Louise Benjamin, associate dean, College of Arts & Sciences
- Kelly Briggs, academic advisor, College of Education
- Anita Cortez, director, Office of Undergraduate Research & Creative Inquiry
- Emily Dringenberg, First-Year Program instructor, College of Engineering
- Jim Hohenbary, director, Office of Nationally Competitive Scholarships; associate director, University Honors Program
- Madelyn Johnson, senior in psychology, University Honors Program ambassador
- Shawna Jordan, assistant dean, College of Human Ecology
- Drew Kohlmeier, senior in biology, Honors Executive Board president
- Kiley Moody, coordinator, New Student Services
- Chwen Sheu, interim associate dean, College of Business Administration
- Shannon Washburn, assistant dean, College of Agriculture
- Cecilia Wuertz, University Honors Program '15, interim program assistant
Later this semester, the search committee will announce opportunities for members of the K-State community to meet finalists and learn about their vision for the University Honors Program's future growth and development. The committee's goal is to facilitate the appointment of a new program director by July 1.
Please contact Steven Dandaneau, vice provost for undergraduate studies, with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-532-1097.