January 25, 2016
Introduction to Supervision course starts Feb. 9
Introduction to Supervision, coordinated by Learning and Development in Human Capital Services, provides new supervisors with practical leadership skills and an increased awareness of university policies and procedures. A series of topics are covered including:
- "Benefit" Your Team
- Writing Position Descriptions
- Hiring Top Talent
- Introduction to Search Committee Roles and Responsibilities
- Recognizing Discrimination and Sexual Harassment
- Respect and Professionalism in the Workplace
- Managing Difficult Conversations
- Evaluating USS Work Performance
- Corrective Action for University Support Staff
- Attendance Guidelines for University Support Staff
Supervisors of university support staff employees are invited to attend, including faculty and professional staff who supervise university support staff employees. Human Capital Services asks that participants in the program are current supervisors of university support staff employees at the time of enrollment. This program is mandated by Kansas State University for all university support staff supervisory personnel who must complete the program within the first six months of the original appointment in order to be granted permanent status.
Participants may register for Introduction to Supervision through HRIS Self_Enrollment or email email@example.com and include your name, department, employee ID number, course title and course number, WTD077.