January 12, 2016
Online Essentials Class of 2015 and Distance Conference Awardee Show and Tell Jan. 14
Kansas State University Global Campus invites you to the second Show and Tell event of the K-State Online Essentials Class graduates. The class, taught by Lisa Craft, instructional designer at Kansas State Polytechnic Campus, is a rigorous blended course that equips instructors with best practices and technology tools for online teaching.
This capstone event will be from 1:30-3 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 14, in the Hemisphere Room of Hale Library.
At the event, members of the 2015 K-State Online Essentials Class and K-State faculty awardees who attended a 2015 distance conference will present short, five-minute demonstrations of the strategies and tools they have learned. Faculty and staff who are interested in online teaching are encouraged to attend.
"How inspiring to hear great teachers sharing ideas they have learned, which they are now incorporating into their teaching," said Jana Fallin, director of the K-State Teaching & Learning Center and former event attendee.
Online Essentials participants and distance conference attendees sharing their expertise at the event include:
- Shing Chang, College of Engineering
- Asad Esmaeily, College of Engineering
- Robert Hachiya, College of Education
- Keith Harris, College of Agriculture
- Teresa Hartman, Kansas State Polytechnic
- Dustin Headley, College of Architecture, Planning & Design
- Karen Large, College of Arts & Sciences
- Perla Reyes, College of Arts & Sciences
- Jeremy Roberts, College of Engineering
- Norma Valenzuela, College of Arts & Sciences
- Laura Widenor, K-State Global Campus
"I was truly amazed at the innovation and creativity of the faculty at the Show and Tell," said Bronwyn Fees, associate dean, K-State College of Human Ecology, and previous event attendee. "The training expanded their strategies for engaging students with the content and with one another tremendously."
Faculty or staff interested in taking part in a future offering of the K-State Online Essentials Class should contact Ashley Noll at email@example.com.