November 6, 2015
Provost names search committee for interim associate provost for diversity
April Mason, provost and senior vice president, has appointed the search committee for the interim associate provost for diversity. This will be an internal search with an anticipated start date of Jan. 1, 2016.
Search committee members are:
• Lori Goetsch, chair, dean of K-State Libraries, PCMA member
• Jackie Anders, administrative officer in student financial assistance, USS representative
• Dina Bennett, assistant director of McNair Scholars Program, Black Faculty Staff Association representative
• Marcellus Caldas, director of international research and faculty, Alianza representative
• Muenfua Allen Lewis, junior in finance, Black Student Union representative
• Amanda Morales, assistant professor in curriculum and instruction, PCMA member
• Jessica Van Ranken, junior in political sciences, Student Government Association representative
• Heather Reed, assistant vice president/associate dean and director of student life, Faculty Senate representative
• Arturo Sanchez, sophomore in finance/pre-law, HALO representative
The interim associate provost will take over the leadership of the Office of Diversity after the retirement of Myra Gordon. A national search will be conducted in the spring semester for permanent leadership.