February 17, 2012
Call for nominations for Putting Students First Award
The Putting Students First Award for Outstanding Service to Students, presented by the Division of Student Life, recognizes one full-time faculty member and staff member who has had a major impact on the lives of K-State students over a number of years.
This award recognizes one full-time faculty member and staff member who has had a major impact on the lives of K-State students over a number of years. The award evaluation is based on a nomination and support documentation of at least two years of service. The award will be presented to the faculty and staff member who exemplifies the following characteristics:
- A commitment to students, as demonstrated through engaging teaching and involvement with and service to students.
- A commitment to the well-being of students, demonstrated through interacting with students and/or providing outstanding service for students
- A unique quality of care for fairness, as demonstrated through fair and ethical treatment of students.
- A demonstration of going that extra mile, shown through service to students above and beyond the call of duty.
- This award is designed to acknowledge nominees who have served over many years. A minimum of two years of service is required.
Nominee: Must be acurrent faculty or a staff member in the Division of Student Life.
To nominate: Please include the following materials:
- One letter of nomination, including how this individual meets the criteria for this award. Include resume and documentation of nominee’s work with students.
- A letter of support from a current K-State student or recent graduate. If a student is the nominator, the letter of support should come from the nominee’s department head.
- No self-nominations will be accepted; previous winners will not be considered.
Due date: 5 p.m. Monday, April 2
Send to: The Putting Students First Award Committee
c/o Carla Jones
103 Holton Hall
Or electronically to: email@example.com
For questions: Contact Carla Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org, 785-532-7305