October 1, 2015
Get CPR and First Aid certified
The Lafene Student Health Center is hosting local skills training and testing as part of the American Heart Association's First Aid with CPR and AED, and Basic Life Support certifications.
Online training must be completed prior to attending the skills training and testing at Lafene. To complete a First aid with CPR and AED or Basic Life Support course:
- Register for desired online course with the American Heart Association. Initial cost for online course is paid to the American Heart Association.
- Complete the online portion and print out certificate of completion — required for the training session.
- Schedule an appointment for skills training/testing by calling 785-532-6595 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The training session must be completed within 60 days after completing online portion.
- Complete your skills training and testing in 138 Peters Recreation Complex.
- Receive your certification card, which is good for two years.
First Aid with CPR and AED: $35 for students and $40 for nonstudents
Basic Life Support: $45 for students, $50 for nonstudents
Make checks payable to Lafene Health Center or bring cash. Still have questions? Call 785-532-6595, email email@example.com, or stop by 268 Lafene Health Center.
"The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in CPR and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association, and any fees charged for such a course do not represent income to the association."
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, please advise Lafene Health Center if you have any disability that requires special materials and/or services so that appropriate personnel can be advised.