February 9, 2012
Missed the eID password-change deadline?
The mandatory spring eID password-change deadline was Feb. 8. If you did not change your eID password, you will NOT be able to connect wirelessly to the Internet on campus, sign into your K-State email, iSIS, K-State Online, HRIS and more.
If you miss the deadline and have previously set an alternate email address with security question-and-answer in the Password reset options section in eProfile, eid.k-state.edu, then you can reset your eID password online.
- Go to eProfile, https://eid.k-state.edu.
- Click the Forgot your eID password? link and then enter your eID.
- An email will be sent to your alternate email address.
- From that email, click the password-reset link and then answer your password-reset question.
If you did not set an alternate email address with security question-and-answer, you will need to contact the IT Help Desk. You can change your password over the phone or in person at the IT Help Desk, 214 Hale Library, on the Manhattan campus, or at the ID Center, 112 College Center, on the Salina campus. You will need to provide proof of your identity.
Immediately after changing your password, update the password settings with your new eID password in all your computers, devices and applications, or else risk getting locked out of K-State wireless or email. This includes:
- KSU Wireless and/or KSU Housing wireless connections, using XpressConnect
- Your local email and calendar client such as Outlook, MacMail and iCal, Pegasus, or Gmail
- Your mobile device(s) such as your cellphone or tablet
- Other mobile devices, computers, and Web services
If you get locked out, you may get an "HTTP 400" error when trying to access K-State Zimbra webmail or not be able to connect to the Internet using wireless on campus. If this happens, update your eID password in your devices and, if you still can't connect, contact the IT Help Desk.