July 6, 2015
Reminder: Road closures update for campus construction
Construction work on the Manhattan campus is in full swing and the weather is cooperating. Beginning Monday, July 6, campus vehicular and pedestrian traffic will be affected at the following locations:
- Vattier Street will reopen to all traffic.
- The road between the Leadership Studies Building and King Hall will be closed for the realignment of Petticoat Lane and Campus Creek Road and modifications to pedestrian sidewalks. Pedestrians will still be able to pass through the area using the sidewalk immediately south of Leadership Studies. The construction work in this area will close Petticoat Lane at Manhattan Avenue. Street parking along Petticoat Lane will not be available during this road closure. Campus Creek Road will be open for exiting from parking lots A5, A6 and A8. Use Mid-Campus Drive to access parking lots A5, A6 and A7.
- Additional closures will continue in parking lot A2 along the west edge of the parking lot — east of McCain Auditorium — and into parking lot A1 — northeast of the Beach Art Museum. The entry from Anderson Avenue into parking lot A1 will remain open for this week. Closure of the parking lot A1 south driveway at Anderson will occur later in July and will be announced in K-State Today prior to the closure.
- South Mid-Campus Drive will remain closed from Anderson Avenue to south of Anderson Hall.
To access the southeastern part of campus, use North Mid-Campus Drive, Old Claflin Road or Vattier.
- To exit the southeastern part of campus, use Vattier or North Mid-Campus Drive.
- 17th Street south of College Heights Road will reopen allowing access to the northwest K-State Student Union drop-off area. At this same time, 17th Street north of the entrance to the Parking Garage will close for the completion of the roundabout southwest of the Union. This section of 17th Street is scheduled to reopen on Oct. 12.
There are several maps available to view campus road closures and building access. The maps are listed by estimated projections dates but actual dates may vary slightly as construction progresses and weather cooperates.
K-State Division of Facilities and the construction team appreciate everyone's cooperation and navigation of lengthy walks as you move around the Manhattan campus.