June 19, 2015
Kansas Board of Regents approves revised tuition and fee proposals
At the June 18 meeting, the Kansas Board of Regents approved amended proposals for tuition and fees for fiscal year 2016.
This included approval for the following:
• A tuition rate increase of 3 percent for the College of Veterinary Medicine.
• A College of Human Ecology fee of $20 per credit hour.
• A College of Business Administration tuition surcharge increase of $15 per credit hour.
• A College of Engineering tuition surcharge increase of $15 per credit hour.
• A privilege fee rate increase of 2.6 percent.
The board did not approve the request for a new Academic Building Support fee of $2.10 per credit hour because it would exceed the cap established at 3.6 percent for a tuition or fee rate increase.
At the June 17 meeting, Regents institutions were asked to revise tuition and fee proposals to reflect a 3.6 percent increase cap that was imposed during the 2015 legislative session.
Read the revised proposal document submitted to the Regents for a breakdown of new tuition and required fees.