May 18, 2015
Faculty traveling internationally: Submit Out of State Travel request form to Office of International Programs
The Office of International Programs reminds departments and faculty and staff traveling outside of the U.S. on university-related business to continue to send their out-of-state travel request forms to the Office of International Programs.
This process was initially put in place in 2013 after discussions with the provost's office, the Division of Financial Services and each of the colleges.
"Utilizing an existing form was the simplest way to best organize and collect information about our university's global outreach." said Marcelo Sabatés, Office of International Programs associate provost.
Sending the top section of the form to the Office of International Programs helps the university in several ways:
• It allows the Office of International Programs to produce an accurate overview of the university's international activities.
• It better identifies current and priority countries and areas strategically vital to the university.
• It advises traveling Kansas State University faculty and staff of initiatives/partnerships already underway in the region.
• It reinforces connections between the university and its international academic partnerships, research connections and alumni in the respective countries and regions.
• It helps the university study new ways that can serve the needs of faculty and staff traveling abroad.
• It keeps the university informed of where K-State faculty and staff are in the event of an emergency.
"University international travel continues to set records and urging our faculty and staff to implement this universitywide procedure allows us to better track, communicate and extend our presence in the world," Sabatés said.
Each department/staff responsible for international travel processing can find the updated document form on eforms, found on the Division of Financial Services Web page. A copy of Section 1 is the only part of the form that needs to be sent to email@example.com. Call the Office of International Programs at 785-532-5498 if you have any questions.