May 8, 2015
Anthropology awards given for outstanding student efforts
The anthropology program hosted an awards ceremony on April 28. The ceremony followed the Sapiens Symposium, a series of talks and lectures from students and alumni. The following students were honored at the ceremony:
- Taylor Stackley, Biological Anthropology Achievement Award.
- Dana French, Harriett Ottenheimer Linguistic Anthropology Scholarship.
- Khiana Harris, Linguistic Anthropology Achievement Award.
- Khiana Harris and her paper "Magic Is Friendship: Constructing a Positive Subcultural Identity Through a Tabletop Gaming Community Of Practice" and James Speed Rogers and his paper "HIV: A History" received Ibn Battuta Award for Best Anthropology Student Paper.
- Khiana Harris, Martin Ottenheimer CSAS Award.
- MacKenzie Wade, Martin Ottenheimer Award in Adventurous Anthropology Award.
- Taylor Mann, Mike Finnegan Award.
- Pattie Pearson, Patricia J. O'Brien Scholarship Award in Archaeology.