April 29, 2015
Advising notes in KSIS available May 4
As part of an intensive yearlong project to enhance academic advising tools, new advising notes functionality will be available Monday, May 4, in the KSU Advisor Center in KSIS.
The new advising notes functionality will enable faculty and staff who have the advisor role in KSIS to maintain an easy-to-use online record of advising notes for all students. This tool will improve advising across campus by ensuring that advisors have accurate and more complete information on their advisees, even when students move between departments, schools and/or colleges.
This feature-rich release will enable advisors to perform many tasks:
- Create a note for one or more advisees at one time.
- Create different types of notes: general, sensitive or both.
- Control who can view sensitive notes and for how long.
- Save the note as a draft or post it immediately to the student's record.
- View all notes in draft status.
- View a history of all notes for an advisee.
- Print a digest of an advisee's notes based on user-specified parameters: date range, all notes, only draft notes.
Faculty and staff are encouraged to participate in hands-on, instructor-led training to learn about the new advising notes tool in KSIS, and new guidelines and best practices for advising notes at K-State. See the "Advising in KSIS" course on the KSIS Training page for details.