April 8, 2015
Apr. 12-18: Celebrate student employees with National Student Employment Week
Show your appreciation for your department's student workers during National Student Employment Week, April 12-18.
K-State’s student employees are crucial to the success of many offices on campus, and National Student Employment Week is a great time to celebrate your hard-working student employees. Research on the impact of student employment suggests that it promotes student engagement and retention. It also helps our students develop skills for future career success.
Join the initiative to recognize K-State’s hard-working student employees during the national campaign. Here are some suggestions to honor your student employees:
- Throw a pizza party, potluck, do-it-yourself sundae bar or foot-long sub party; have a popcorn machine in your office; serve cake and punch; or have a hamburger/hot dog barbecue.
- Host scavenger hunts with prizes for the winners.
- Decorate office doors or bulletin boards with posters expressing appreciation to student workers and listing all students' names.
- Arrange for administrators to do some "reverse" job shadowing — partner with a student worker for a day, or even an hour, to see what kinds of duties are involved.
- Organize trivia contests with prizes for winners.
- Distribute certificates of appreciation.
More information can be found at: http://www.nsea.info/docs/about/awards/nseaweek_packet.html.
If you are recognizing student employees on social media during that week, please use #WildcatWay to join in the campuswide celebration.