March 26, 2015
Some blue-light emergency phones temporarily nonoperational
The K-State Police Department wants the campus community to know that some of the blue-light emergency phones are currently not operational because of construction projects on campus.
The nonfunctioning phones are wrapped in plastic and are at the following locations:
- West Stadium
- West of parking lot D1 at West Stadium
- Center of parking lot D1 at West Stadium
- East of Weber Hall in parking lot B3
- East of Weber Hall in parking lot B2
- Parking lot D2 near Kramer and Goodnow halls
- Alumni Center
- East of the president's house
In addition, the emergency phone box on the fourth floor of the parking garage is temporarily not working.
More than 40 emergency phones are located across campus. You can get directions to the closest emergency phone through the LiveSafe app. The phone locations also are available on K-State Police Department website.
The emergency phones can be used for emergencies, to ask for directions, to report a crime, or for general communication with the K-State Police Department. The phones are tested weekly by the department.