January 11, 2012
Office of affirmative action to present 'Respectful Work Relationships' Jan. 25
Roberta Maldonado-Franzen, director of affirmative action, will present "Creating Respectful Working Relationships" from 9-11 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 25, in Room 213 of the K-State Student Union.
The purpose of the session is to create an awareness of the needs of others in order to accept and acknowledge how their needs differ from our own needs. Respectful working relationships and respectful workplaces are integral components to increased productivity, teamwork and morale. The skills learned in this session will contribute to the minimization of negative conflict and subsequently discrimination, harassment, and retaliation complaints. Topics covered will be:
- Explaining the importance of respectful relationships and respectful workplaces
- Identifying some causes of interpersonal conflict
- Discussing communication skills that promote respectful relationships and respectful workplaces
- Identifying university resources to address interpersonal conflict.
The instructional methods utilized in the session include: lecture, discussion, video presentation and role playing.
You may register in one of two ways:
Through HRIS Self Enrollment, or
- Through HRIS Self Enrollment, or
- Email to email@example.com. Please include your name, employee ID number, course title and session number.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 532-6277.