January 13, 2015
K-State Online: Mediasite training available Today and Thursday
Overview training is available Tuesday and Thursday to learn how to use Mediasite with K-State Online powered by Canvas.
All four Mediasite training sessions are in 301A Hale Library:
- 10:30 a.m. to noon or 1:30-3 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 13.
- 10:30 a.m. to noon or 1:30-3 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 15.
Participants will need to bring a laptop to access Mediasite during the training. No registration is required for the training.
Mediasite is K-State's new easy-to-use lecture capture and video publishing tool, and will be used to house your course videos and K-State's special event videos.
Instructors can use the My Mediasite app in K-State Online powered by Canvas to capture or upload video lectures, screencasts and tutorials. Instructors can automatically publish to designated courses or embed video content anywhere within Canvas.
The Mediasite training sessions content:
- Adding the My Mediasite app to K-State Online powered by Canvas
- Creating robust video presentations
- Managing and archiving videos
- Providing better video distribution. Students in rural Kansas and around the world will be able to experience the same quality playback as on-campus students.
To learn more about Mediasite, view K-State's Mediasite website.