December 1, 2014
Legal Issues for Supervisors of University Support Staff Employees Session Dec. 2
The Office of General Counsel will present WTD031 Legal Issues for Supervisors of University Support Staff Employees from 9:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 2, in the K-State Student Union's Big 12 Room.
This presentation is intended to provide an introduction to some of the common legal issues faced by supervisors of university support staff at Kansas State University. The Office of General Counsel staff will share tips on avoiding legal pitfalls in the supervisory role. Topics to be addressed include:
- The role of the Office of General Counsel
- Liability/Kansas Tort Claims Act
- Evaluation/discipline of university support staff
- Sexual harassment and racial/ethnic harassment
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)/reasonable accommodations
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- State Governmental Ethics Act
Attendance is limited to those currently in supervisory, lead worker or management positions at K-State.
To register for the session, you can either sign up through HRIS self-service or send an email to email@example.com. When sending an email, please include your name, employee ID, and the course title.