December 15, 2011
Highlights from Dec. 7 Classified Senate meeting
Highlights from the Dec. 7 Classified Senate meeting
Here are the highlights from the Dec. 7 Classified Senate meeting. A draft of the meeting minutes is available on the website.
Assistant Vice President for Administration report:
Gary Leitnaker reported on the change in parking fees for reserved stalls in the parking garage.
President Kirk Schulz:
President Schulz discussed the budget and current happenings at K-State and answered questions.
Classified Senate President’s report:
Lesa Reves, Classified Senate president, reported on the possibility of retirement recognition for those employees that are not recognized through the current system.
- Legislative Affairs: Dale Billam reported that the Day on the Hill will be Jan. 24, 2012, and Cats on the Capital will be Feb. 16, 2012. Handling of the elections was discussed along with updating the by-laws.
- Recognition Ceremony Committee: Annette Hernandez reported on the Recognition Ceremony award nomination procedures.
Campus Committee reports:
- Faculty Senate Fringe Benefits Committee: Pam Warren reported on the work being done by this committee.
- Recycling: Cherry Rosenberry reported on Recyclemania which will begin on Jan. 22, 2012.
- Peer Review: Becki Bohnenblust reported that one evaluation appeal had been handled.
- Safety & Maintenance: Concern was expressed for the lack of progress in the area of bicycle safety.
- All University Campaign: Terri Wyrick reported that the campaign ended with a 39 percent participation rate and raised over $1 million.
Position Paper has been updated with signatures and has been approved.
- The possibility of another early retirement incentive program was discussed.