October 14, 2014
Shred Day is this morning on Manhattan and Salina campuses
K-State Shred Day is 8:30-11 a.m. today, Oct. 14, on the Manhattan and Salina campuses. K-State departments that need to securely dispose of paper documents with personal identity data — Social Security numbers, birth dates, credit card numbers, etc. — can deliver materials in designated bags or boxes to Mid-Campus Drive near the K-State Student Union on the Manhattan campus. On the Salina campus, go to the loading area between the east and west wings of the Technology Center.
Bags or boxes should not weigh more than 25 pounds each. Papers can be left in ring binders, file folders and hanging file folders for shredding. All paper must be dry. Papers that require secure disposal include:
- Scantron forms and greenbar grade sheets
- Class rosters printed from K-State Online, iSIS, SIS, etc.
- Personnel files, appointment records, time and leave records, etc.
- Papers with personal identity information
- Documents with financial data
- and more
To determine which records can be included, refer to the university’s records retention policy and schedule, PPM Chapter 3090. Questions about the retention length of records should go to university archivist Cliff Hight, email@example.com, 785-532-3420.
For more details, see the Fall 2014 Shred Day announcement or contact these K-State units:
- Manhattan campus: Information Technology Assistance Center, 785-532-4918
- Salina campus: Information Systems, 785-826-2666