December 1, 2011
Students to present on campus issues in speech forum today
Six students from two advanced public speaking classes will present campus issue persuasive speeches in a forum from 12-1 p.m. Thursday in Town Hall of the Leadership Studies Building.
The students were selected by their peers to present. This event is a platform for students to address problems and provide solutions to benefit our university and community.
Here are the students and their speech titles in the order in which they will present:
- Nick Attwater, graduating senior in creative writing and communication studies, “Ban the Bottle: Abolishing Plastic Disposable Water Bottles on Campus”
- Blair Kocher, senior in business management, “Dirty Minds: Cleaning Up KSU Classrooms”
- Dani Winters, freshman in communication studies, “A Purple Belt is the New Black Belt: Creating a KSU Self Defense Seminar”
- Kasey Coad, senior in horticulture with a landscape design specialization, “Watch Your Step: Correcting KSU’s Snow Removal Policy”
- Patrick Mellard, junior in agricultural economics “Old Stadium Track in Dire Need of Repair”
- Thomas Weeks, sophomore in legal communications and political science, “EMAW: Leave No Man Behind”
The speech forum is free and open to the public.