September 24, 2014
Introduction to Supervision starts Oct 7
The Introduction to Supervision course, coordinated by learning and development in the Division of Human Capital Services, provides new supervisors with practical leadership skills and an increased awareness of university policies and procedures. A series of topics are covered during the month of October, including:
- Respect in the workplace for supervisors
- Recruiting, interviewing and selecting
- Sexual harassment awareness for supervisors
- Benefits and authorizing leave
- Writing position descriptions
- Conflict management, difficult conversations and critical Incident Response
- Evaluating classified work performance and coaching
- Discipline and absenteeism
Supervisors of university support staff employees and lead workers are invited to attend, including faculty and professional staff who supervise university support staff employees. This program is mandated by Kansas State University for all university support staff supervisory personnel who must complete the program within the first six months of the original appointment in order to be granted "permanent" status.
Participants may register for Introduction to Supervision through HRIS Self_Enrollment or email email@example.com and include your name, department, employee ID number, course title, and the course number, WTD077.