September 12, 2014
UFM technology classes for fall 2014: iPads, computers, Adobe, photography
Low-cost classes on iPads, computers, Adobe Lightroom and digital photography are available to K-Staters from the UFM Community Learning Center.
UFM is a creative educational program serving Kansas State University, the Manhattan area and the state of Kansas. As the tryufm.org website says, "Based on the philosophy that everyone can learn and everyone can teach, UFM provides opportunities for lifelong learning and personal development."
Class descriptions are excerpted from www.tryufm.org:
- Why Do I Need An iPad? on Tuesday, Sept. 16 — Introduce yourself to the iPad and how you can use it to make daily life more productive and enjoyable.
- Get Organized, Informed and Entertained with the iPad on Tuesday, Sept. 30 — This introduction to the world of iPad apps will inspire you to find new ways to use an iPad.
- Computer Skills 101 on Monday, Oct. 6-27 — This orientation to computers is ideal for those who have had little exposure to computers.
- Introduction to Adobe Lightroom on Tuesday and Thursday, Nov. 11-20 — This class will cover an introduction to the software program Adobe Lightroom, which is part of the Photoshop family of programs. All modules of Lightroom, library, development, slideshow, print, and web will be covered.
- Introduction to Digital Photography: The Basics on Wednesday and Saturday, Sept. 3-24, has started but still has openings. This class will focus on the basic concepts of photography and using your camera.
- Landscape Photography Workshop on Saturday, Oct. 11 — This workshop provides an opportunity for participants to discuss landscape photography concepts and techniques and then put them into practice.