November 14, 2011
K-State Zimbra offline for upgrade Nov. 20
K-State Zimbra will be upgraded to version 7 and its email, calendar and other uses will be unavailable from midnight to 4 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 20. As usual, all email received and sent during this time will be stored and released when the upgrade is finished; no email will be lost. Notices will be posted on the IT Status page as the upgrade commences.
Some of the biggest changes that K-Staters will notice:
- K-State's new branding will be on the graphics, for consistency with the university's graphic identity.
- Creating calendar events and meetings will be simplified.
- Users will have the ability to recover email and calendar events already deleted from Trash.
- The Documents tab will be removed after its contents are merged with the Briefcase tab.
More about the new version and its advantages will be covered after the upgrade. In the meantime, see these resources:
- What’s New in Zimbra Collaboration Server 7.0 — short summary of key changes
- Web Client User Interface Changes (PDF, 26 pages) — comprehensive list of new features
Questions about the Zimbra server or the coming upgrade can be directed to the IT Help Desk, 785-532-7722, email@example.com.