May 16, 2011
Date change: McCain Holiday Home Tour moves to Dec. 4 to accommodate K-State football game
The McCain Holiday Home Tour is making it easy to catch some holiday spirit and a Kansas State University football game, too.
The tour, originally scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 3, is now set for Sunday, Dec. 4, to accommodate the K-State versus Iowa State football game, which has been moved to Dec. 3.
"We want to keep all K-State fans happy, so we moved the tour," said Todd Holmberg, executive director of McCain Auditorium. "Now fans won't have to choose. They can cheer on the Wildcats on Saturday, and then participate in the holiday home tour, a fundraiser for McCain Auditorium, on Sunday."
The tour is sponsored by the Friends of McCain Auditorium and features five local homes decked out for the holiday season. Money raised supports the McCain Performance Series and its education and outreach activities.
"We especially want to thank this year's tour homeowners for accommodating the date change," Holmberg said.
Homes on this year's tour are:
* 100 Wilson Court, the K-State president's residence and home of Kirk and Noel Schulz.
* 1083 Wildcat Creek Road, Prairiewood Retreat and Reserve and home of Kail and Rebecca Katzenmeier
* 120 S. Wreath Ave., home of Dave and Kristen Dreiling.
* 1116 Wyndham Heights Drive, home of Bill Meredith.
* 1700 Wildcat Creek Road, home of Mike and Karen Sheffield.
Tickets are $15 in advance or $20 at the door, and will be available at several area business outlets in the fall.