July 15, 2014
Today, July 15, is Shred Day for securely destroying paper documents
This morning, K-State departments can take their paper records to the following locations for secure shredding:
- Manhattan campus: 8:30-10:30 a.m. outside the east side of K-State Student Union
- Salina campus: 8:30-10:30 a.m. at the Technology Center loading area between the east/west wings
Departmental contacts will be asked to sign an authorization document giving permission to Document Resources Inc. to accept, destroy and recycle materials. Documents to shred include:
- Scantron forms
- Greenbar grade sheets
- Rosters printed from K-State Online, iSIS, SIS, etc.
- Student papers with personal identity information and grades
- Data with credit card information
- Personnel files
- Other sensitive papers with identity or financial information
Before destroying any documents, departments should:
- Review the Retention of Records policy.
- Review the length of time to retain specific documents, which is available from the Records Retention and Disposition Schedule. Questions about that schedule can be sent to Cliff Hight, university archivist, at 785-532-3420, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Document Resources Inc. is on state contract, and pickup of documents also is available at other times during the year. For more information about this event, contact:
- Manhattan campus: Information Technology Assistance Center, 785-532-4918
- Salina campus: Information Systems, 785-826-2666