July 9, 2014
K-State Shred Day is July 15; document pickup information
The Information Technology Assistance Center is hosting Shred Day from 8:30-10:30 a.m. Tuesday, July 15, on the Manhattan campus. Information Systems is hosting the Shred Day on the Salina campus. For security reasons, those with more than 10 boxes may call the Information Technology Assistance Center at 785-532-4918 no later than 4 p.m. Monday, July 14, to request pickup.
Departments must provide:
- Department name, phone number and email
- Contact person
- Number of boxes to be picked up — must be more than 10
The center will then schedule a time for Document Resources to pick up the boxes with the department's assistance. Departments with 10 boxes or less can bring their shredding materials to the truck that will be located outside the K-State Student Union on the east side. All departments should:
- Provide a signed campus shred day form with documents to be shredded. Document Resources also will have forms available at the truck.
- Read the retention of records policy before destroying any documents.
- Review the records retention and disposition schedule for the length of time to retain specific documents. For additional clarification about that schedule, contact Cliff Hight, university archivist, at 785-532-3420 or email@example.com.
For more information:
- Manhattan campus: Information Technology Assistance Center, 785-532-4918
- Salina campus: Information Systems, 785-826-2666
- Information technology news blog