June 11, 2014
Summer Shred Day set July 15 on Manhattan, Salina campuses
Departments, mark your calendars for a special Summer Shred Day on Tuesday, July 15, for the Manhattan and Salina campuses. This event allows departments to safely dispose of university paper records containing security-related information.
Departments will be able to take their paper records to the following locations for secure shredding on July 15:
- Manhattan campus: 8:30-10:30 a.m. outside the K-State Student Union, east side
- Salina campus: 8:30-10:30 a.m. at the Technology Center loading area, between the east/west wings
Departmental contacts will be asked to sign an authorization document giving permission to Document Resources, Inc. to accept, destroy and recycle materials.
Documents to shred include:
- Scantron forms
- Greenbar grade sheets
- Rosters printed from K-State Online, iSIS, SIS, etc.
- Student papers with personal identity information and grades
- Data with credit card information
- Personnel files
- Other sensitive papers with identity or financial information
Before destroying any documents, departments should review the Retention of Records policy. The length of time to retain specific documents is available from the Records Retention and Disposition Schedule. For additional clarification about that schedule, contact Cliff Hight, university archivist at 785-532-3420 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Document Resources Inc. is on state contract, and pickup of documents is available at other times during the year.
For more information, contact:
- Manhattan campus: Information Technology Assistance Center, 785-532-4918
- Salina campus: Information Systems, 785-826-2666