May 8, 2014
Educational supportive services recognizes outstanding peer tutors
Educational supportive services awarded Zacharia Bishop and Fernando Roman as educational supportive services/Kansas State University outstanding peer tutors for the 2013-2014 school year. The requirements to receive this award are to work as a K-State tutor for more than a semester and receive excellent feedback from students' evaluations on their performance as a tutor.
Students' comments about Zacharia Bishop's tutoring skills:
- "Excellent explanation skills"
- "He is a great tutor and had helped me understand it more"
- "Zach is excellent tutor and so it is the tutoring center. THANKS!!!!!"
Students' comments about Fernando Roman's tutoring skills:
- "Fernando was an excellent tutor! He's the best tutor I've had in my two years at K-State."
- "Fernando does a fantastic job. He is always prepared for the session, and is very professional. Also, the tutoring center goes above and beyond their responsibilities to make sure I have adequate help. I really appreciate educational support services, the staff and my tutor Fernando."
- "Fernando is awesome! He is the best tutor I have had yet. He always knows exactly what we covered in class and knows how to explain everything. He also will show you other ways to do problems if he feels you understand the process that was taught in class."
The staff of educational supportive services takes pride in providing excellent peer tutors to Kansas State University students.