August 11, 2011
Highlights from the Aug. 3 Classified Senate Meeting
Highlights from the Aug. 3 Classified Senate meeting
Here are the highlights from the Aug. 3 Classified Senate meeting. A draft of the meeting minutes is available on the website.
Assistant Vice President for Administration Report:
Gary Leitnaker discussed the Voluntary Retirement Incentive Program that was just announced through the state of Kansas.
Executive Council Report:
Alternative Service Committee was discussed.
- Campus Affairs: Maria Sweet reported on the Benefits Fair scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 6.
- Legislative Affairs: Dale Billam reported on the CSSC meeting scheduled for Friday, Oct. 7, and the proposed position paper.
- Recognition Ceremony Committee: Annette Hernandez reported the ceremony will be Wednesday, April 25, 2012, in the K-State Student Union Ballroom.
- Public Relations Committee: Lindsay Thompson reported the next issue of the ROAR will come out Aug. 15.
- Classified Employee Opportunity Fund Committee: There was no new report.
The “Suggestion Award Program” was discussed. Mike Seymour reported that they would like to revitalize this program as an incentive for employees to come up with ideas to save the state money.
Classified Senate Secretary
Animal Sciences and Industry
213 Weber Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506