July 13, 2011
Highlights from the July 6 Classified Senate meeting
Classified Senate, July 6:
Pam Russell, director of special education for the Manhattan-Ogden School District, discussed Project SEARCH and possibly working with K-State on this project.
- Campus Affairs: Hanna Manning reported on the Benefits Fair scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 6.
- Legislative Affairs: Dale Billam reported on the CSSC meeting scheduled for Friday, Oct. 7.
- Recognition Ceremony Committee: Annette Hernandez reported the ceremony will be Wednesday, April 25, 2012, in the K-State Student Union Ballroom.
- Public Relations Committee: The next issue of the ROAR will come out in August.
- Classified Employee Opportunity Fund Committee: No new report.
Revitalizing the Suggestion Award was discussed. A committee of Mike Seymour Sr., chair; Janice Taggart; and Pam Warren was formed to look into this further.
A draft of the meeting minutes can be found here.
Classified Senate secretary
Animal Sciences and Industry
213 Weber Hall