June 17, 2011
Highlights from the June 14 Faculty Senate meeting
Here are the highlights from the June 14 Faculty Senate meeting. Meeting minutes will be available on the website as they are approved by faculty senate.
Faculty Senate minutes for the May 10 meeting have been posted to our website.
Standing committee and Student Senate reports:
- Academic Affairs: Senator Bennett reported on syllabus language that is being worked on by Academic Affairs that originally came from language started on in FSCOT. A policy was passed regarding K-State 8 requirements for students in associate degree programs. The policy will essentially require those students to complete half of the K-State 8. Also, various course and curriculum changes were approved.
- Faculty Affairs: Senator Hughey reported that through discussion with the Faculty Senate Leadership Council and Executive Committee, a recommendation from the Faculty Salaries and Fringe Benefits committee will be reviewed by an ad-hoc committee regarding increasing employee tuition assistance credit hours.
- FSCOT: Senator Rintoul reported that the E-Portfolio Implementation task force has sent their report on to Provost Mason, President Vontz, and Past President Cauble.
- FSCOUP: Senator Condia reported that a presentation by Sightlines will be given on June 23 from 9:30-11:00 am in the Hemisphere room in Hale Library regarding a benchmarking study comparing K-State Facilities with its peer group.
- Student Senate: Senator Nate Spriggs introduced himself as the new Student Senate Body President. There was no official report given.
- Grievance Chair reminder - Todd Goodson has one year left in his three-year term
- Ombudsperson reminder – Kelli Cox will serve 2011-2014
- Faculty Senate and Presidential committee - appointments and recommendations were made
- Professor of the Week/Home Football game recognition- nominations were submitted by the Executive Committee of Faculty Senate
- A resolution in support of Academic Freedom was passed by Faculty Senate.
Faculty Senate President Elect
10A Calvin Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506-4003