April 30, 2014
K-State Speech Forum from 4-5 p.m. tomorrow
Six students from two advanced public speaking classes, COMM 321, will present campus issue persuasive speeches at the K-State Speech Forum from 4-5 p.m. tomorrow in Town Hall at the Leadership Studies Building.
The students were selected by their peers to present their campus issue speeches to the public. This event is a platform for students to showcase their research, speech creation and delivery skills in an effort to address problems and provide solutions that could benefit Kansas State University and the community.
Here are the students, their respective majors and their speech titles in the order in which they will present:
- Jedd Russell, senior in business management, "Beer Better than No Beer: Alcohol Sales at Bramlage and Bill Snyder Family Stadium"
- Alex Robinson, senior in marketing, "First-Aid Kits Needed in Every Classroom on Campus"
- Johanna Kelly, junior in communication studies, "Expanding Counseling Services Care for Students with Long-Term Needs"
- Joe Simon, junior in communication studies at K-State and biblical studies and leadership at Manhattan Christian College, "Teamwork Makes My Dream Work: KSU/MCC Dual Degree Advising Concerns"
- Parker Wilhelm, senior in mass communications, "Plan Your Meal Plan: Continuous Dining Hours Needed for Busy Students"
- Devon Cooke, senior in business marketing, "Up in Smoke: Banning Smoking on Campus"
The speech forum is free and open to the public.