April 27, 2011
Highlights from the April 12 Faculty Senate meeting
Here are the highlights from the April 12 Faculty Senate meeting. Meeting minutes will be available on the website as they are approved by the senate.
Faculty Senate minutes for the March 8 meeting have been posted to our website: Faculty Senate.
- Provost April Mason, along with FSCOUP Chair Bob Condia, visited with senators about the K-State 2025 process and its progress. Provost Mason also answered other questions from senators not related to K-State 2025.
Standing committee and Student Senate reports:
- Academic Affairs: Various course and curriculum changes were approved, including two new concurrent BS/MS programs, one in the College of Agriculture, department of agricultural economics, and one in the College of Arts & Sciences, department of mathematics.
- Faculty Affairs: The anti-bullying language will become a collaborative effort between several units; a proposal addressing clinical faculty should be ready by semester’s end; the group working on the contingent faculty criteria is making good progress. Several other items are being addressed by the committee as well.
- FSCOT: An annual information report was given to senators regarding the number of instances where digital data was accessed within the last year by administration. The E-Portfolio Implementation task force is continuing its work. The committee is looking into issues regarding intellectual property rights with regard to websites such as MyRibit.com.
- FSCOUP: K-State 2025 theme committees have finished meeting. Bruce Shubert attended the April 7 meeting. He provided information regarding the Division of Facilities such as its history, organizational structure, funding, utility costs, stimulus money projects, and repairs and renovation projects.
- Student Senate: Elections are complete and Student Senate officer elections will be conducted soon.
- Faculty Senate elections are complete and turnover will be May 10; the 2011-2012 president elect and secretary will be elected that day.
- Kelli Cox was appointed as an ombudsperson.
- The annual faculty and unclassified professionals retiree ceremony and reception will be April 19.
- K-State Olathe's grand opening will be 1-7 p.m. April 26.
- A Web-based faculty chat with President Schulz will be 6-7 p.m. April 27.