April 28, 2014
English language program faculty present at international conference
Several English language program faculty presented and served on panels at the Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages, Inc. International Association Convention, March 26-29, in Portland. Speakers and their presentations included:
- "Advocacy and Collaboration for the Benefit of NESTs and NNESTs" preconvention workshop presented by Abby Franchitti, Debbie East, Leslie Barratt, and Yogesh Sinha.
- "Flipping the IEP Research Classroom: An Instructional Alternative" session presented by Linda Henriksen and Franchitti.
- "Other Tech Tools for Teaching Reading Inference Now That Google Search Story Is Gone" Electronic Village Invited session presented by Christina Kitson
- "Service Learning and Relevance for the IEP Student: Connecting Communities" session presented by Henriksen.
- "Technical Communication Course for International Students: Collaboration, Design, and Teaching" session presented by Christina Luster and Leena Chakrabarti.
- "Using Live Binders to Organize and Share Resources" Electronic Village presentation by Kitson.
Leadership and service roles included:
- Co-chair elect: Higher Education Interest Section, Franchitti
- Proposal readers for the convention: Mary Wood, Beverley Earles and Kitson