April 23, 2014
K-State Alumni Association recognizes eight students
Eight graduating Kansas State University students will be recognized by the K-State Alumni Association for their outstanding academics, leadership, inspiration and service at an awards luncheon today at the K-State Alumni Center.
The honors include four undergraduate students selected for the Anderson Senior Awards; two graduate students selected for the Graduate Student Awards; and two graduate students and one undergraduate student selected for the Tony Jurich Community Commitment and Leadership Student Awards. One student received both an Anderson Senior Award and a Tony Jurich Award.
"We are excited to honor these individuals for what they have achieved at K-State," said Amanda Brookover, assistant director of student programs for the Alumni Association. "These winners were chosen from a group of exceptional candidates. We appreciate the efforts of the K-State faculty, staff and students and Alumni Association board of directors who nominated and selected these individuals for this outstanding recognition."
More information about the awards programs is available online.
Recipients of awards from the K-State Alumni Association are:
- Raghavendra Amachawadi, doctoral graduate in pathobiology, Mysore, India, Graduate Award for Outstanding Academics
- Lori Kniffin, master’s graduate in counseling and student development, Manhattan, Tony Jurich Community Commitment and Leadership Graduate Student Award
- Marcie Lechtenberg, doctoral graduate in marriage and family therapy, Manhattan, Tony Jurich Community Commitment and Leadership Graduate Student Award
- Kaitlin Long, bachelor’s graduate in entrepreneurship, Leawood,Anderson Award for Outstanding Service and Tony Jurich Community Commitment and Leadership Undergraduate Student Award
- KeNeice Musgrove, bachelor’s graduate in hotel and restaurant management, Kansas City, Kan., Anderson Award for Outstanding Inspiration
- Graciela Orozco, bachelor’s graduate in biological systems engineering and biology, Kanopolis, Anderson Award for Outstanding Academics
- Kyle Probst, doctoral graduate in grain science and industry, Bloomington, Ind., Graduate Award for Outstanding Leadership and Service
- Nathan Spriggs, bachelor’s graduate in agricultural economics and food science, Galena, Anderson Award for Outstanding Leadership