April 18, 2014
Radiation safety training dates announced
Environmental health and safety is offering annual radiation safety training, which is required for all who work in laboratories that contain radioactive materials. This includes those handling and not handling radioactive sources. Topics covered include radiation basics, hazards, transportation and safety precautions, as well as policies and procedures unique to the Kansas State University radiation safety program.
This is mandatory training for all employees who are working in areas that contain radioactive materials.
Radiation Safety Training-Unsealed, WTD164, focuses on internal and external hazards and is intended for those working around unsealed radioactive sources — liquids, powders, and gases. Sessions will be offered:
- Session 10 - 9:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22
- Session 11 - 2:30-4:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 30
- Session 12 - 9:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesday, May 6
- Session 13 - 2:30-4:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 21
- Session 14 - 9:30-11:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 4
- Session 15 - 2:30-4:30 p.m. Thursday, June 19
- Session 16 - 2:30-4:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 9
- Session 17 - 9:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesday, July 15
Radiation Safety Training-Sealed, WTD165, focuses on external hazards and is intended for those working around sealed radioactive sources — soil moisture probes and sources enclosed in laboratory equipment — as well as those working in radiation areas.
- Session 7 - 2:30-4:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 23
- Session 8 - 9:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesday, May 20
- Session 9 - 2:30-4:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 11
- Session 10 - 9:30-11:30 a.m. Wednesday, July 23
Training is in 011 Edwards Hall. Contact environmental health and safety at 785-532-5856 or email@example.com with questions.
Register for training through HRIS Self_Enrollment or email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, department, employee ID number, course title, course number — WTD164 or WTD165 — and date desired.