February 20, 2014
Two performance management trainings scheduled in March
Two sessions of performance management process training, WHR090, for supervisors of classified staff will be presented by Gina Lowe, coordinator in the Division of Human Resources. These training sessions will assist supervisors to:
- Understand the supervisor's role in the performance management process.
- Set objectives with employees and discuss, individually, how they can contribute toward the success of the unit/department/college/university.
- Understand how the competency based approach will apply to each employee.
- Conduct mid-review discussion with employees.
- Assess employees' performance against the objectives and competencies.
- Conduct annual performance review discussions with employees.
The performance management process is designed to maintain mutual respect between the supervisor and employee and to add value to their day-to-day communication about performance and development issues.
The two available sessions are:
- Session 59 is 8:30-9:30 a.m. Tuesday, March 4, in the K-State Student Union, Room 227
- Session 60 is 1:30-2:30 p.m. Thursday, March 6, in Edwards Hall commons area
To register for the face-to-face sessions, you can either sign up through HRIS self-service or send an email to email@example.com.