February 7, 2014
'Getting Started with NVivo' presentation/webinar Feb. 14
QSR International will introduce "Getting Started with NVivo" from 2 to 4 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14, in 301 Hale Library. This interactive presentation — and webinar — will introduce attendees to how to set up a project in NVivo and then use the tool to explore the data. The presenter will be Cynthia Jacobs of QSR International.
It will cover:
- The NVivo workspace
- How to create a project
- How to import documents, including importation of data through NCapture
- How to create memos and annotations
- How to identify themes in the data
- How to set up data "nodes"
- How to apply text analysis tools
- Other capabilities (such as using survey data)
Those who want to participate from their own computers may register at this link. Once they have registered, they will receive an email with a link that they may use to join this K-State session.
Please plan to attend online or in-person, and feel free to bring questions. 301 Hale will be open 1:30-4:30 p.m. for this event to allow people to settle in with their laptops and to meet up with fellow qualitative and mixed methods researchers.
See the full article in IT News for more information, news, and resources.