October 3, 2011
Call for nominations for 2011 International Educator Award
The International Educator Award was established by the provost to recognize an individual who has contributed to advancing international education at Kansas State University. The recipient will receive a plaque and a $1,000 honorarium. The deadline for submission is Oct. 14.
On behalf of the International Educator Award Selection Committee, I invite you to apply for or nominate candidates for this award. One individual is recognized each fall during International Education Week. The award is co-sponsored by the office of international program's Friends of International Programs.
Please visit the website for more information. Past recipients of the International Educator Award are: Swinder Janda, Edgar and Delores Chambers, Michael Boland, Ted Cable, Elfrieda Nafziger, Walter Kolonosky, William Richter, Bradley Shaw, Michael Suleiman and David Norman.
Faculty, staff, administrators, or other members of the K-State community may be honored for major contributions and sustained commitment to advancing international education at K-State. Major contributions may include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following criteria:
• Developing innovative programs to advance international education within a unit or the university;
• Recruiting students, faculty, and staff from outside the United States;
• Mentoring international students, faculty and staff;
• Developing and implementing learning activities that prepare U.S. students for a diverse and global society;
• Integrating international education into the curriculum;
• Providing opportunities for professional development and international experiences for faculty and staff;
• Developing activities that support partnerships with international institutions, visiting scholars and guest lecturers from universities abroad;
• Contributing to scholarship in an international context
Anyone may nominate a person to be recognized. The nomination must include information explaining how the nominee has advanced international education at K-State. The nomination should be forwarded to office of international programs, attention: Kristine Young, 304 Fairchild Hall, Manhattan, KS 66506.
Contents of the nomination packet should include:
• Curriculum vitae of the nominee
• Cover letter describing in detail why the nominee is deserving of the award — three pages maximum for cover letter
• An additional letter(s) of support from at least two individuals connected to the university who can attest to the nominee's contributions — three pages maximum for each letter of support
The recipient will be awarded at a special reception at the Hale Library Hemisphere Room at 3 p.m. Friday, Nov. 18.
The selection committee will consist of past International Educator awardees and campus individuals involved with international initiatives.
Kristine Young, Chair
K-State International Educator Award