January 21, 2014
Office of affirmative action to present 'Respectful Work Relationships' Jan. 23
Michelle White-Godinet, assistant director of affirmative action, will present "Respectful Work Relationships I," WTD125, from 9-11 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 23, in Room 226 of the K-State Student Union.
The purpose of the session is to create an awareness of the needs of others in order to accept and acknowledge how their needs differ from our own needs. Respectful working relationships and respectful workplaces are integral components to increased productivity, teamwork and morale. The skills learned in this session will contribute to the minimization of negative conflict and subsequently discrimination, harassment, and retaliation complaints. Topics covered will be:
- Explaining the importance of respectful relationships and respectful workplaces
- Identifying some causes of interpersonal conflict
- Discussing communication skills that promote respectful relationships and respectful workplaces
- Identifying K-State resources to address interpersonal conflict.
The instructional methods utilized in the session include: lecture, discussion, video presentation and role playing. This session is for supervisors and nonsupervisors.
You may register in one of two ways:
- Through HRIS Self Enrollment, or
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, employee ID number, course title and session number.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com or 785-532-6277.