December 5, 2013
DARS reports unavailable until Monday due to upgrade
K-State’s Degree Audit Reporting System, or DARS, is undergoing an upgrade. DARS is a reporting tool that provides individualized analysis of a student's academic progress toward a specific degree.
The DARS upgrade began at 7 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, and will be completed before 8 a.m. Monday, Dec. 9. During this period of time:
- Users will be unable to run new DARS audits in K-State Online or iSIS.
- All DARS audits run in iSIS prior to Thursday, Dec. 5, will be deleted.
- Advisors can access existing DARS audits in K-State Online until Monday, Dec. 9.
- All other iSIS functions are available during the upgrade.
On Monday, Dec. 9, students and advisors will be able to use these new features in DARS:
- DARS audits will run only through iSIS, providing a consistent access method for advisors and students.
- Pre-run DARS audits will run every seven days in iSIS, reducing the need for students and advisors to run them as often.
- DARS audits can still be run on-demand to reflect newly changed data, such as grade changes, new enrollments, etc.
- DARS audits will have enhanced formatting and be available as a PDF. Font sizes and colors have been changed to improve readability.
- DARS exceptions will be entered in a web-based environment.
To follow the status of the DARS upgrade, view the IT Status Page page.
If you have questions or need additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.