December 3, 2013
KSU Foundation charitable contributions at all time high
By KSU Foundation
The university’s 150th anniversary was celebrated with a parade of events throughout the year. Our sesquicentennial provided a great opportunity to bring K-Staters together and shine a light on our proud heritage and bold future.
Alumni and friends made 2013 a memorable year for philanthropy as well, with total gifts and commitments of $152 million — an all-time high for charitable contributions to K-State. This generosity is a clear statement of support for K-State’s leaders and its vision to become a top 50 public research university by 2025.
Notable achievements and milestones this year included:
• 22 gifts and commitments of $1 million or more; totaling $83 million
• 57,300 alumni and friends contributed; up from 51,400 last year
• $1.7 million in gifts were made through Telefund in the first year of the expanded program
• An investment return of 12.04 percent and endowment pool assets topping $364 million
• 43 percent of faculty and staff gave back to K-State through the All-University Campaign
• The student-led K-State Proud campaign has raised more than $700,000 for Student Opportunity Awards in its first seven years, and earned the Generous U award from Brandeis University
These achievements are only possible because of the vision of our university partners who identify the priorities where philanthropy can truly make a difference, and the passion and pride of K-State’s alumni and friends. Relationships are the underpinning of philanthropic success, and foundation staff members work closely with university administrators, deans and department heads to engage alumni and friends in the life of the university and encourage their philanthropic contributions. Again this year, the university family proved that our hearts are fully committed to ensuring K-State’s future as a vibrant, thriving institution.
President and CEO