June 23, 2011
We need YOUR help to beat KU in the Take Charge Challenge
Earn K-State and Manhattan points in the Take Charge Challenge by attending a Home Energy Savings Workshop from 6-9 p.m. Monday, June 27, at the Manhattan Public Library, 629 Poyntz Ave.
At the Westar-sponsored workshop you will:
* Learn how to conduct your own home energy assessment to locate and repair air leaks.
* Receive an energy efficiency kit worth more than $25.
Cost is $20 and space is limited. Register today.
The Take Charge Challenge is an energy efficiency competition between Manhattan/Kansas State University and Lawrence/University of Kansas. The purpose is to see which community can save the most energy and best promote the importance of energy conservation.
To beat the Jayhawks in the Take Charge Challenge and win the community a $100,000 prize you can also:
- Switch to compact fluorescent light bulbs and register your switches here.
- Sign up for a free WattSaver programmable thermostat from Westar Energy.
- Find an auditor to perform an energy assessment on your home -- all are willing to travel.
Find out more here.