October 16, 2013
Members selected for University Budget Advisory Committee
President Kirk Schulz has selected members of the University Budget Advisory Committee. Members include:
- April Mason, senior vice president and provost and committee chair
- Cindy Bontrager, interim vice president for administration and finance
- Ron Trewyn, vice president for research
- Pat Bosco, vice president for student life
- Julia Keen, Faculty Senate president
- Eli Schooley, Student Governing Association president
- Jan Taggert, Classified Senate president
- John Floros, dean of the College of Agriculture and director of K-State Research and Extension
- Lori Goetsch, dean of Libraries
- Verna Fitzsimmons, dean and CEO of K-State Salina
- David Dzewaltowski, kinesiology department head
- Kelli Cox, unclassified professional representative
- Dave Rintoul, faculty representative
- Susan Erichsen, classified staff representative
- Kyle Nuss, student representative
- Taylor Wadian, graduate student representative
The role of the committee will include:
- Evaluation of proposals requesting university funding for new initiatives, including those from colleges and other units.
- Evaluation of tuition and fees recommendations from the Tuition Strategies Committee — how are we balancing affordability and access with need for increased revenue?
- Development of alternate budgets or prioritized expenditures to respond to changing funding commitments by the state.
- Construction and dissemination of a rolling three-year budget for the university (including current fiscal year, next year and following year).
- Evaluation of budget reallocation plans from colleges and similar units.
- Evaluation and recommendations on the use of state funds for major capital projects.
- Regular email updates to the campus community as budget is developed during the course of the year. See the Colorado State example here.
- Assistance in communicating budgetary priorities to both internal and external audiences.