October 10, 2013
Grant funds available for assessment speakers, conference travel
The goal of Office of Assessment Funds Grants is to improve student learning assessment within programs at K-State. Funds are intended to serve as a catalyst for establishing and promoting assessment activities such as:
- Identifying learning goals/outcomes
- Designing assessment activities and indicators of learning
- Learning how to use assessment findings for program improvement
- Incorporating high impact practices
- Developing direct assessment strategies (rubrics, embedded measures, etc.) at the program level
- Implementing activities to address program review or reaccreditation criteria
Use of funds:
Each grant will pay 50 percent of registration, transportation, lodging, or speaker fees (up to $1000).
Funds may be used for individuals to attend conferences or workshops that have sessions focused on student learning assessment, for programs to bring in workshop leaders for faculty development, or to support travel expenses for individuals to present on assessment topics.
Deadline for proposal submission is Nov. 15. To view additional submission information and proposal criteria, see the Call for Proposals.