October 3, 2013
Only two weeks left until Shred Day Oct. 15
Departments on the Manhattan and Salina campuses have about two weeks to finish collecting papers for free, secure disposal on K-State Shred Day. The event is 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the Manhattan campus and 10 a.m. to noon Tuesday, Oct. 15, on the Salina campus.
Departmental contacts must bring a signed authorization document giving permission to Document Resources Inc. to accept, destroy and recycle materials. Electronic media and wet or contaminated paper will not be accepted. See below for drop-off and pickup times.
- Drop-off: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 15 at two locations:
- Pickup: Departments that cannot bring documents to designated areas may contact iTAC, 785-532-4918, to schedule a time and location for pickup.
- Complete a required Manhattan campus Shred Day form.
- Drop-off: 10 a.m. to noon Oct. 15 at the service/delivery area behind the Technology Center. Access is through the Information Systems office, STC 184.
- Pickup: Departments that cannot bring documents to the loading area may contact Information Systems at 785-826-2666 to schedule a time and location for pickup.
- Complete a required Salina campus Shred Day form
Guidelines for disposal
- Put paper in boxes or heavy-duty black-plastic bags. No need to remove staples, paper clips, three-ring binders, file folders, etc.
- Clearly label each container for "Shred Day."
- Make sure each bag or box is less than 25 pounds.
- Do not leave documents for shredding in hallways or public areas.
- Retention of Records policy — Review policies before destroying documents.
- Records Retention and Disposition Schedule — See length of time to retain specific documents. For additional clarification, contact Cliff Hight, university archivist at 785-532-3420 or email@example.com.
- Document Resources Inc. is on state contract, so pickup of documents is also available at other times during the year.